I was super disappointed with the lack of party banter you get when romancing Josephine, because it is zilch. So I decided to write some myself – a good practice in both game-type of writing as well as writing characters I don’t usually write that much.
“Your Josie. She wears frilly underthings. I’d know. I’ve seen them.”
“They looked really good up on that flagpole, is what I’m saying”
“Oh, that! That’s a relief.”
“Wait, you thought that I… [laughs] No friggin’ way! She’s yours.”
“Say, boss, I’ve heard Antivan weddings are huge, and often do not end before two people have dueled each other.”
“Why are you telling me this, exactly?”
“Well, you and Josephine seem pretty serious, and Antivans are really big on the marrying thing. I just thought I’d give you a head’s up.”
- [Thanks, I guess.] “Thank you, I shall…keep it in mind.”
- [Are you trying to frighten me?] “You’re not scaring me out of a potential marriage to Josephine.”
- [Now is not the time.] “With all those demons pouring out of the sky you’d think I’d have other priorities than planning my wedding.”
Dorian (After you’ve completed An Unexpected Engagement):
would never have thought that you, of all people, knew how to handle a rapier, and even less that you would use your skills to duel the dashing nobleman officially betrothed to your dear Lady Ambassador. You should have seen the looks coming from the audience. Hah, brilliant!”
- (If the Inquisitor is human) [I’ve had a good teacher.] “I took some mandatory dueling lessons when I was young. The perks of being noble offspring, I suppose.”
- [It surprised me as well.] “I have to admit, I thought it would be more difficult.”
- [I fight well under pressure.] “I had to do it. Apparently my drive to defend Josephine’s honor helped quite a bit.”
- [It wasn’t as good as you say.] “You’re exagerrating. I was lucky get out of the duel unscathed.” [Dorian Slightly Disapproves]
Varric (After you’ve completed An Unexpected Engagement):
“Well now, Inquisitor, who would’ve thought you’d end up in a scenario that wouldn’t even have made it into Swords and Shields because it is too improbable?”
“Too improbable? Really?”
“Oh come on, a duel for a lady’s heart in the middle of Val Royeaux, in which the clanging of rapiers is interrupted by the lady flinging herself at you? How is that not the pinnacle of romantic clichés?”
- [Perhaps you are right, but it was worth it.] “It might be a cliché, but Josephine deserves nothing less.”
- [Do not put this in a book] “If you write this story down and make money out of it, Josephine is going to sue you.”
(Varric: “Ruffles will love the paperwork, I’m sure.”)
- [It wasn’t like that] “It honestly wasn’t as story book as you make it out to be, Varric.” [If Cassandra is in your party – Slightly Disapproves]
Posts Tagged 'dragon age inquisition'
Tags: ahhhhh this is adorable, as is josie, banter, dragon age inquisition, josephine montilyet, thayer approves this post
Tags: a bard!, dragon age inquisition, philliam, well isn't that just perfect
Philliam, a Bard! is a Trevelyan and I’m dying
Tags: dragon age inquisition, fenquisitor, fenris, queue, screenshots
Tags: dragon age inquisition, fenquisitor, fenris, gifs, queue, screenshots
Varric: So, elf. How’s the cold treating you?
Fenris: Better than expected, but I doubt I will miss it.
Varric: Right. Now, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I heard someone went through a lot of firewood last night. That wasn’t you, was it?
Fenris: You hear a great deal, dwarf.
Varric: (Chuckles) I’ll take that as a yes.
but consider: Dragon Age Inquisition Jury Duty AU
with the nine companions and three advisors as the jury
- Bull as that one guy who is really psyched to get time off work but doesn’t actually give a shit about the case and spends most of his time making friends
- Leliana and Josephine make friends on day one and spend the entire time having secretive little convos in the corner where they stop talking as soon as anyone else approaches
- Cassandra and Varric spend the entire time bickering because he keeps suggesting outlandish theories as to what REALLY happened with this case and she’s trying so hard to keep them all on track
- Vivienne is FAR too busy for this darling, she turns up every day in a new impeccable business suit and spends every spare moment calling and texting her work
- Sera is the youngest there and thinks this is all a waste of time, and she doodles constantly in the courtroom when she should be paying attention
- Cullen and Blackwall on the other hand take the whole thing INCREDIBLY SERIOUSLY
- Dorian tries to find out as much as possible about his fellow jurors, their lives and their opinions, and spends just as much time talking about himself
- Solas is that one guy who is totally convinced he is more intelligent and insightful than anyone else there, sulks when he isn’t chosen as foreman and Cassandra is instead, and causes the deliberations at the end of trial to go on for HOURS because he is the one person who wants to give the opposite verdict to everyone else
- Cole keeps himself to himself and hardly talks to the others until they’re discussing a verdict and he makes some really insightful comment that makes everyone completely reconsider the whole case
TWELVE ANGRY THEDOSIANS
Tags: dragon age inquisition, fenquisitor, fenris, mods, such an excellent fenquisitor!
DAI Fenris Mods
Face Texture: Ciaran Face Texture
Vallaslin: Lore Pack Vallaslin
Eyebrows: Shantia’s Eyebrows
Outfit: Fenris Inspired Skyhold Outfit (I used the dark skin tone + black colour variant)
Other: DAI CLI Save Editor (to change the eyebrow colour to black instead of the default grey)
There you go! ❤